Longer Video on Instagram: 60 sec vs 15 sec
Instagram video length will be prolonged from 15 seconds to 60 seconds. This is a fun, flexible and creative way to create and watch video on Instagram.
In the last six months, the time people spent watching video increased by more than 40 percent. And longer videos mean more diverse stories from the accounts you love, whether it’s Selena Gomez hanging out with friends or beauty star Bretman Rock’s latest makeup tutorial. Now everybody can tell a story using a video.
For iOS, they’re also bringing back the ability to make videos out of multiple clips from your camera roll.
To learn more about multi-clip video on iOS, check out this Step-by-Step manual:
How do I upload a video with multiple video clips?
You can upload a video with multiple clips from your phone’s library. To upload a video with multiple clips:
- Tap .
- Tap Library at the bottom of the screen and select a video you’d like to upload.
- Tap Next in the top right, then tap .
- Tap at the bottom of the screen.
- Select any other video clips you’d like to add, then tap Next. At the bottom of the screen, you can tap video clips to trim them, or tap and hold to reorder them. To delete a clip from your video, drag it to the middle of the screen.
- You can add effects or filters, a caption and your location before sharing. Once you’re done, tap Next.
You can also record a video with multiple clips.
How do I record a video with multiple clips?
Tap at the bottom of the screen, then tap Video. Tap the red circle to begin recording. To take multiple clips for your video, lift your finger off the red circle to pause. When you’re ready to record your next clip, tap and hold the record button again.
To delete a previous clip in your video, tap Delete and tap to confirm.
Keep in mind that videos with multiple clips can’t be uploaded as a landscape or portrait.
How do I upload a photo as a portrait or landscape?
Once you’ve selected a photo or video from your phone or tablet’s photo library, you can choose to share it as a portrait or landscape instead of a square:
- Tap to switch the photo from a square to a portrait or landscape.
- You can touch the screen to move the photo and adjust how it fits within the frame. Use the grid to help you frame the photo.
- Tap Next to apply effects or a filter.
Once you share it, the photo or video will appear as a portrait or landscape in Feed. You can share photos and videos with aspect ratios between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
Note: In grid view on your profile, photos shared as a portrait or landscape will appear as a center-cropped square.
Instagram video 60 seconds begins rolling out March 29, 2016 and will be available for everyone in the coming months. Multi-clip video is available this week as part of Instagram for iOS version 7.19 in Apple’s App Store.